The EOSC Synergy project ran it’s second all-hands meeting in Valencia 28-30th January.
Over 50 members of the various project teams attended the meeting which took place over 3 days. The meeting was a chance for the project teams to share progress, get to know each other better and collaborate face to face.
We were hosted by UPV (Universitat Politècnica de València), one of the project partners, and welcomed by Ignacio Blanquer and Isabel Campos, project lead.
We kicked off with summary presentations from each work package, highlighting work done over the last 5 months since the kick-off meeting in September. Each work package leader also outlined what they wanted to get out of the meeting.
We then split up and began the work! Meetings happened in parallel as each work package met and several cross-work package meetings took place, across various rooms within the wonderful colored blocks of the Polytechnic City of Innovation (CPI).
On our final morning, we all reconvened and shared our progress from the last couple of days. Some key highlights that were discussed during the 3-day meeting were:
- Dissemination strategy and a clear implementation plan to increase awareness of the project and its results
- Update the risks assessment and quality insurance plan
- Join the EGI FedCloud through the project
- Move to EGI-Checkin-Prod, once it supports the new AAI Scheme
- Discussions and contributions around baselines and badges were held
- Service quality work has started
- Continue the understanding of the thematic services
- Finalise the “landscaping” questionnaire and mapping to already available data
- Research on best practice in teaching online and begin development of train-the-trainer resources
Curious to learn more about the discussions and future plans of each work package? Then keep an eye out on our blog. We will be posting work package specific blogs in the coming weeks.